Nominations are now being accepted for several Wisconsin Medical Society offices, and all nomination materials are due to the Society’s House of Delegates (HOD) Nominating Committee by Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019.
Candidates are sought for the following offices:
• President-Elect for 2019-2020.
• Speaker for 2020 and 2021—to succeed Michael Miller, MD, of Middleton. (Doctor Miller is eligible for reelection.)
• AMA Delegate for 2020 and 2021 (two positions)—George M. Lange, MD, River Hills; Charles Rainey, MD, River Hills (incumbents).
• AMA Alternate Delegate for 2019 and 2020 (one position)—currently vacant.
• AMA Alternate Delegate for 2020 and 2021–Nameeta Dookeran, MD, West Allis; Don Lee, MD, Milwaukee (incumbents).
All candidates must submit a curriculum vitae not to exceed three pages, a cover letter no longer than one page, a completed candidate questionnaire for the office the candidate is seeking and a completed Disclosure of Significant Affiliations (conflict of interest) form. The candidate questionnaire forms are available here.*
The House of Delegates Nominating Committee will meet Friday, Jan. 25, 2019, at 4 p.m. at Society Headquarters in Madison. The Committee will interview and evaluate the candidates for Society offices and prepare a slate of nominees for presentation to the House of Delegates on Sunday, April 7, 2019, at the Annual Meeting in Madison.